LaunchBox Community Forums

Safe to import steam library?

WeedZ

I did a quick search and didnt find this topic, so i apologize if this has been asked before. I recently bought a license and have been having a blast setting up my rom libraries and configuring all my emulators in bigbox. everything looks great. i wanted to import my steam games. i assumed it would be as simple as navigating to my steam library directory, but it wants a link to my profile and my api key..? so now im a little sketched out. is this even safe to do? isnt it like handing over your game library?

8 minutes ago, WeedZ said:

I did a quick search and didnt find this topic, so i apologize if this has been asked before. I recently bought a license and have been having a blast setting up my rom libraries and configuring all my emulators in bigbox. everything looks great. i wanted to import my steam games. i assumed it would be as simple as navigating to my steam library directory, but it wants a link to my profile and my api key..? so now im a little sketched out. is this even safe to do? isnt it like handing over your game library?

Of course it is safe, we wouldnt have it as a feature if not. We use the Steam API to access the games you own on your account, and in order to do that we need the information requested. We do not monitor or store this information anywhere other than in a data file on your PC. Unbroken software, the company that makes Launchbox has no access to your accounts or passwords, as i say that is all stored locally on your machine.