LaunchBox Community Forums

Renamed ROM files still being imported with old filenames - PSP

tchappellius

I am currently in the process of attempting to import my PSP collection and have followed the below process:

1. Import ROMs into Launchbox as they are (eg. 'Persona.3.Portable.EUR.BAHAMUT.BLAHBLAHBLAH')

2. Fix names to get metadata link in Launchbox

3. Rename ROM file with 'Launchbox' name (eg. Shin Megami Tensai: Persona 3 Portable)

4. Delete PSP collection on Launchbox 

5. Reimport PSP collection with renamed ROMs 

The issue i am having is that when reimporting Launchbox seems to be remembering the original filenames for the ROMs and i can't figure out how to get it to read the new filenames.  

Any help would be greatly appeciated

Launchbox doesnt "remember" any file names once deleted from the program. My guess, you have a xml file in the data folder that is being read for that platform still. Have a look in Launchbox/Data/Platforms and see if you have any files there that shouldnt be, should just be one file for each platform imported.

Edited by neil9000