LaunchBox Community Forums

display settings keep changing?

jimbone007

Hey, not really sure where to post this but I've had lb/bb crash when closing out sm2 and sm3 and I get a pink line down my screen and the display doubles and over laps itself so I'll log out (which isnt easy because I can barely see) and then log back in and its fixed usually. This last time the screen appears darker generally but also in my games noticeably. I also updated windows so that could have something to do with it. My hz also automatically went from 60 to 30 while using bb switching between hotd4 and time crisis. Hotd4 ran good then time crisis would barely run. All of a sudden 3840x2160 wont go fullscreen I have to have it on 4096x2160 for the display to fit the screen? Also most of the time I exit out of any emulator in lb it changes all my folder/windows sizes including lb. lb goes from full screen to a random size. I'm not sure if this is a windows issue and emulator issue or a lb/bb issue but hopefully someone has then fix for me. Also worth mentioning that I've been testing these games for days and just starting to get everything running like I wanted then this happened

Edited by jimbone007

I updated my gtx 1650 driver and it didn't change anything. I also had windows check the gpu and it said it was working properly.  Its basically brand new all I've been doing for a couple months since I bought it was test games no more than 5 minutes of play and the most demanding thing I've played are teknoparrot. I adjusted the resolution to 3840x2160 in the nividia app and that changed it and it fit the screen but not when I did it in windows.? Its still darker than it was and doesn't look as sharp/crisp as it did. It seems like my gpu isn't working correctly but I don't know much about this stuff

Sounds like display issue, with your cable not being good enough for 4K60, or maybe you are trying to use HDR on a non HDR screen, or again a HDMI cable that doesn't have the bandwidth for 4K60 and HDR, so every time a program goes into/exits full screen and the display has to set the res and framerate its having issues. As for only the 4096x2160 resolution filling your screen correctly, that is a screen setting, make sure your TV is set to 16:9 aspect and also make sure that overscan is on or off, whatever is the opposite of what it is now. If you don't have a better high quality HDMI cable to hand try setting the PC to 1080p and see if the issue goes away, I'm going to bet that it does, which would back up the insufficient HDMI cable angle.

Okay I'll try that to see if it fixes it. If its just a faulty cable that would be great. I'm using a vizio v series 4k tv that runs at 60hz and has hdr as my monitor. I went into mame menu and change video from auto to open gl and that fixed the brightness problem. I realized this morning that the brightness issue I was having was only in the mame games so maybe it switched settings around on me for some reason. I also got 3840x2160 to fill the screen now but I had to set it in nividia settings then windows. it was already set that way but I basically reset it the same as it was then it corrected. Can the display changing windows sizes/resolution have something to do with different emulators running in different resolutions and  the software is imperfect and resolution not correcting properly? sm2,sm3,teknoparrot individual games and my pc are all different resolutions and then gun4ir has to be set to correct aspect ratio for the emulator so there's a lot going on there.