LaunchBox Community Forums

what tiato type x games do I need a loader for?

jimbone007

I'm A little confused about taito type x games. Do I need a loader or are they stand alone? Do i need a loader for some but not others? If some require a loader can I use the same loader for all of them? Which loader is best? Do I set everything up in lb like teknoparrot for example? Thanks for any answers.

first game I tried since posting haunted museum. Worked great right out of the gate with the ahk I made for demulshooter. Next Haunted museum 2. Wont run. 3 different game.exe files none playable. The game skips/flashes while in the main screen and wont launch from ahk. next I try  Music Gun Gun 2. It says MSVRC71.dll was not found and it wont load. So I try to load it on the game x loader All Rh and I giant warning sign pops up saying its going to destory my pc and itll be unrecoverable!? Whats that about ? Is that for real?  Any advice/answers welcome.

8 hours ago, jimbone007 said:

first game I tried since posting haunted museum. Worked great right out of the gate with the ahk I made for demulshooter. Next Haunted museum 2. Wont run. 3 different game.exe files none playable. The game skips/flashes while in the main screen and wont launch from ahk. next I try  Music Gun Gun 2. It says MSVRC71.dll was not found and it wont load. So I try to load it on the game x loader All Rh and I giant warning sign pops up saying its going to destory my pc and itll be unrecoverable!? Whats that about ? Is that for real?  Any advice/answers welcome.

I would check out the thread on emuline.org for this game. There is 2 different versions (Taito vs Global VR) that are the same game and there are specific steps to get it working. It does work though.

Edit: Went back and checked my setting for this game. I have the Taito version and had to set compatibility mode to XP sp3 mode to work perfectly.

Edited by Headrush69

17 hours ago, jimbone007 said:

How do I map buttons in jconfig? It wont let me change button mappings and I need to to get elevator action death parade to work

I don't have this game (don't like how it looks in my cabinet), but I downloaded it again to check it out again and the input issue isn't unique to you.

I tried doing some searching but haven't found any reports of why this JConfig doesn't work mapping inputs.. As a work around you can always use an AHK script to remap to the default set keys and than launch the game.