LaunchBox Community Forums

How change game details in Unified theme?

Tackskull

Hi there,

I am loving the unified theme, but when it gets to games details I would like it shows the region or language of the game. I have a lot of  Japanese english patched games, and a lot Japanese only games. So when using cityhunter 2 theme I can choose on the options which games details it have to show, but changing the game details on Unified nothing happen. For example I would like to remove the "game modality" which shows in the game cvan be played in 1 or more players, and instead shoe the game region or language.

How can I do this?

The unified theme is a custom Big Box theme that uses custom code. Therefore, in order to make changes to the theme, you'll have to dive into its code and make the changes from in there. All of that is possible if you want to get your hands a little dirty.

On 5/30/2022 at 2:20 PM, faeran said:

The unified theme is a custom Big Box theme that uses custom code. Therefore, in order to make changes to the theme, you'll have to dive into its code and make the changes from in there. All of that is possible if you want to get your hands a little dirty.

Can you explain me how?

5 hours ago, Tackskull said:

Can you explain me how?

You would go into the Unified theme files, and find the Views folder, which should be located in the following path:

• LaunchBox\Themes\Unified\Views

In there, you'll see a bunch of xaml files that you can open in your favorite text editor. You'll want to find the file that correlates to the news you want to change and open that (eg. if you use Vertical Wheel 1 for your game view, you'll want to open WheelGamesView.xaml). Then you make the changes that you want. The code is in WPF, so you'll need to know at least a bit to make changes.

7 hours ago, faeran said:

You would go into the Unified theme files, and find the Views folder, which should be located in the following path:

• LaunchBox\Themes\Unified\Views

In there, you'll see a bunch of xaml files that you can open in your favorite text editor. You'll want to find the file that correlates to the news you want to change and open that (eg. if you use Vertical Wheel 1 for your game view, you'll want to open WheelGamesView.xaml). Then you make the changes that you want. The code is in WPF, so you'll need to know at least a bit to make changes.

Thanks a lot, in reality I dont' know nothing about programming codes, so if I want to change  "play mode" to "version" what I have to modify on the code?