LaunchBox Community Forums

Dolphin Emulator and M3U files.

Fugus

About everything else seems to work just fine but Dolphin games when it comes to M3U files just doesn't seem to work right when I launch it from Launchbox.

If I load the M3U file directly from Dolphin it boots without an issue, but if I try and launch it from within Launchbox, it gives an error saying the files in the M3U aren't found and in the error shows the names except it has added the drive letter in front of the name where "Baten Kaitos Origins (USA) (Disc 1).rvz" is listed as "F:Baten Kaitos Origins (USA) (Disc 1).rvz"

But only seems to do it when launching from within Launchbox.

For future users, I found a workaround.

Since the emulator wants to add the drive letter to the front of whatever you put in the M3U file, just put the full path of the rvz file minus the drive letter in each entry and it works. For example.

Baten Kaitos Origins is in the location:
"F:\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo GameCube\B\Baten Kaitos Origins (USA)"

Even though the rvz files are in the same folder as the m3u, you put the entry down as:
\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo GameCube\B\Baten Kaitos Origins (USA)\Baten Kaitos Origins (USA) (Disc 1).rvz
\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo GameCube\B\Baten Kaitos Origins (USA)\Baten Kaitos Origins (USA) (Disc 2).rvz

That way it adds the F: at the front anyways and the emulator loads it, and allows you to move it to any drive you want and it will boot so long as you put the Launchbox folder a top directory on that drive.

Edited by Fugus
  • Like 1