LaunchBox Community Forums

Arc's CD project

Arcanthur

Hey guys, so after I finish up with my cartridge collections, I figured I would move on to systems with optical media.  

Spent several hours coming up with a design to use so that I could create a unified style along all the different systems.

Since ripping artwork from optical formats isn't as cut and dry as copying a cartridge label, my idea is to create a unique matching set for each system using clear logos, and fanart and / or official art if available.  These disc art sets won't match the official ones, but they will be very high quality and look great browsing large collections.  Also, I do plan on releasing the templates for every cartridge and disc once I'm finished, so if anyone wants to do any edits, they will have an easier time of doing it.

The CD was designed from scratch so that the translucent parts of the disc are actually there.   I'm using @Dan Patrick's system logos for each system so they will look amazing and crisp.  Thanks for creating such an amazing set. 

Here is a preview of where I am with Sega CD:

100352092_SonicCD(USA).png

2115778349_Snatcher(USA).png

Edited by Arcanthur
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...