LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade1up mod audio problem

jrallen81

first I would want to prove if it's hardware, or software problem. I'm not sure how things are hooked up in these, but taking a set of PC speakers (or any compatible speakers) and plugging them in would be a good troubleshooting exercise. if the other speakers work just fine you proved software is working fine, which then def means it's a hardware problem. that would mean an issue with the speaker or the cables, something in that audio signal chain.

can you actually adjust the volume via a hardware control? Idk if they are pots like potentiometers or buttons, but if your volume adjusting device doesn't work anymore, I'd be leaning towards hardware problem.

can you adjust volume via software? even using the basic volume control in the bottom tray icon would suffice here. make sure that isn't turned down real low, and would also be good to check if software can raise/lower the volume. even if it's already really low, if you turned that slider down you should still hear your speakers get even quieter or basically turn off completely