LaunchBox Community Forums

Cxbx-Reloaded has detected that it has been launched with Administrator rights.

jorgenjl

I am getting the below error when opening Xbox games from Bigbox. I have tried changing Bigbox to not run as admin (task schedule needs “highest privileges selected or it does not auto start), tried win 7 compt mode, running as admin for the exe, etc. This only happens with cxbx relationship added games and nothing else. It appear to work fine from Launchbox. Any idea? 

Cxbx-Reloaded has detected that it has been launched with
Administrator rights.
This is dangerous, as a maliciously modified Xbox titles could
take control of your system.
Are you sure you want to continue?
Yes
No

On 9/4/2022 at 1:17 AM, jorgenjl said:

I have tried changing Bigbox to not run as admin (task schedule needs “highest privileges selected or it does not auto start)

This may not be very helpful to you, but I just created a scheduled task to run at login and Run with Highest Privileges unchecked. BigBox launches fine for me after a reboot. If you need to log in with a password, have you tried adding a delay for your task.

Here are some screenshots. Sorry they're in Dutch.

1106846057_Schermopname(130).thumb.jpg.5a1cbeee626b7561f6a5727bea6e68d0.jpg

1745349620_Schermopname(131).thumb.jpg.2af34ae31d9c9bcb56a5c3bbbdb212a2.jpg

On 9/9/2022 at 9:04 AM, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

This may not be very helpful to you, but I just created a scheduled task to run at login and Run with Highest Privileges unchecked. BigBox launches fine for me after a reboot. If you need to log in with a password, have you tried adding a delay for your task.

Here are some screenshots. Sorry they're in Dutch.

1106846057_Schermopname(130).thumb.jpg.5a1cbeee626b7561f6a5727bea6e68d0.jpg

1745349620_Schermopname(131).thumb.jpg.2af34ae31d9c9bcb56a5c3bbbdb212a2.jpg

Actually yeah you are right. Setting a delay of a few seconds after user logs in your in Task Scheduler appears to fix the requirement to run with highest privileges. 

However, I still get the same error about cxbx may be malicious. I have tried everything I can think of even changing the cxbx settings > admin checkbox itself let alone Windows settings. I am the only one getting this error via Bigbox? 

12 minutes ago, jorgenjl said:

However, I still get the same error about cxbx may be malicious

If I'm not mistaken this is a generic warning. Many of the Xbox games floating on the web are scene releases. Those scene groups often patched the games' executable to be region free. So there's always a (small) risk you have an infected game, as the creator of Cxbx-Reloaded warns about. I believe you can get rid of this warning by checking two checkmarks:

190508406_Schermopname(134).thumb.jpg.b97fd93075304366c131a1d279c140c2.jpg

I think I found the solution in case it helps someone else but I am still testing. For some unknown reason, opening cxbx.exe from the Windows gui (regular windows file Explorer) has different settings than opening the exact same cxbx.exe from the command prompt. So I had to run cmd > cd to directory with cxbx and run > cxbx.exe > then I had to change the settings for admin option in drop down (and fix input controller settings since different from windows explorer settings even though exact same cxbx.exe was used) and that fixed it. Even though it already had it set.  Phew. 

5 hours ago, jorgenjl said:

For some unknown reason, opening cxbx.exe from the Windows gui (regular windows file Explorer) has different settings than opening the exact same cxbx.exe from the command prompt

As an alternative you could add cxbxr-ldr.exe to LaunchBox as the emulator, found in the Cbxbx Reloaded folder. Set it up with /load command-line parameter. cxbxr-ldr.exe does not load the Cxbx GUI and as such is easier to close.

• 8 months later...