LaunchBox Community Forums

Atomiswave plays as dreamcast

JoeHd1031

I added all the bios to the DC folder and the games play fine off retroarch, but not launch box. Clicking an atomiswave game in LB kicks up a Dreamcast splash screen and then the Dreamcast Home Screen. It seems to play the atomiswave as Dreamcast for some reason only in LB. What am I doing wrong 

1 hour ago, hdjoe22 said:

Clicking an atomiswave game in LB kicks up a Dreamcast splash screen and then the Dreamcast Home Screen.

In LaunchBox > Tools > Manage > Emulators > RetroArch > Associated Platforms tab, have you selected the Flycast core for your Sammy Atomiswave platform. Check if this platform name exactly matches with how you have named it in LaunchBox. Also make sure you have "Extract ROMs" unchecked.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord

14 hours ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

In LaunchBox > Tools > Manage > Emulators > RetroArch > Associated Platforms tab, have you selected the Flycast core for your Sammy Atomiswave platform. Check if this platform name exactly matches with how you have named it in LaunchBox. Also make sure you have "Extract ROMs" unchecked.

It worked! Only now Dreamcast won’t play unless I recheck extract roms. I’m  going to run through settings on retroarch to see if I can get each system to have separate  settings  

Edited by hdjoe22
Typo

7 minutes ago, hdjoe22 said:

Only now Dreamcast won’t play unless I recheck extract roms.

If you use RetroArch for multiple platforms, in LaunchBox > Tools > Manage > Emulators > RetroArch > Associated Platforms tab, you have to specify which core you want to use per platform. There's also a checkbox for enabling or disableling extracting roms per platform.

32893473_Schermopname(129).thumb.jpg.1822a276ba4e75e4f0d53716b1d0b946.jpg

• Like 1