LaunchBox Community Forums

error with MAME automatic setup

BabyBillyFreeman

Hi @BabyBillyFreeman

I have had a similar issue but at a different line.

With the help of others on here I found that generating the file myself and then reviewing it I was able to see what the problem was, for me it was using Devreorder system wide to help with controller ID order

To produce the file you;

Open a command window

change directory to wherever you have the mame.exe

then

mame -listxml > listdump.xml

This will generate the file in the same folder and then I used notepad++ to open it and find the problem line. Which hopefully will let you figure out the issue or come back here and ask for more help with the specific issue

Good luck

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx

thanks for the tip, this is new, great to learn about this!

unfortunately the line error number that LB spits out doesn't exist in the mame xml dump! so this error might not even be from mame, it's probably from launchbox itself

i reported the bug on LB, but one of the devs got back to me and said this is caused by using an old unsupported  version of mame before 0.17'something. I explained that I'm using mame 0.246 (im even using the same one on several other LB machine setups and it works, so something is wrong with this LB on this machine (which was fine until I try to update it).