LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding a new MAME User interface to LB: how to add ARCADE64 and bezels

legolas119

HI

as starting from next months MAMEUI will not be updated, i have to change my mame user interface and a lot of people suggested ARCADE64. Well, i have 3 questions:

1) now i suppose that after creating with clrmame the new ARCADE64 romset, i have to remove my MAMEUI installation from LB as described here 

and import again the MAME fullset using the arcade64.exe emulator and its romset, is this correct?  Probably as i change the emulator (not MAMEUI but Arcade64) it is better to choose "Automatically Install and Configure" instead of "Update MAME emulator", right? If so, can i keep still valid all the media already downloaded for the MAMEUI fullset avoiding to re-downloading everything or is it better to download everything again as the emulator is changed (but the folder name is still MAME, i will not change any path and name).

If so, i would like to add bezels: i know that now it is possibile to add Theme Bezels (and System bezel for games that don't have its own theme bezels) are described here: 

But i discovered that it exist this beautifulf bezels pack: 

2) is it possibile to keep the Mr. RetroLust's bezel pack as default and the Bezels Theme (and System) pack downloaded by Launchbox during the import process for all the games that don't have a Mr. RetroLust's bezel? It could be great to have a bezel for every MAME game (Mr Retrolust if it exist, otherwise a Theme/Sysem bezel). 

3) Following the installation video of Mr. RetroLust's, i see that it is necessary to save the packs into Launchbox/Emulators/MAME/artwork folder.  But my MAME (and all emulators in general) isn't stored in that path.  I save my MAME in D:\EMULATORI\MAME\artwork.  Does it work in any case?  Currently in this folder i have my artwork collection downloaded by this website (https://www.progettosnaps.net/artworks/).  Before to download Launchbox Bezels during the rom import process and befopre to add the Retrolust's bezel, i suppose i have to delete all files present into the MAME/artwork folder, is that correct? I suppose this is the right procedure:

A) delete all files stored into D://EMULATORI/MAME/artwork folder

B) Import the Arcade64 romset downloading all the Theme/System bezels during the rom import process. I suppose LB automaticaly will save bezels in D://EMULATORI/MAME/artwork folder

C) After that, i download Retrolust's packs and overwrite them into the D://EMULATORI/MAME/artwork folder: in this way, i can keep saved bezels for all the games not covered by RetroLust's pack.

Is this correct?

thank you!

Edited by legolas119