LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch .dat files via Demul in Launchbox?

Hello Again!

I am desperately searching for a Command Line Parameter that will allow me to launch a Naomi .dat file instead of a .zip file in Demul. I've searched the forums and have not been able to find a thread with any viable info. 
There are 3 (light gun) games that I can only seem to find in .dat format:

Confidential Mission
Lupin 3 The Shooting
The Maze of The Kings

My other Sega Naomi light gun games like "House of The Dead 2" launch fine using the Command line Parameter "-run=naomi -rom="
If anyone knows a parameter or some other method of launching a Demul Naomi .dat file, please help.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by SquirrelFromTheFuture
More details

Solved

For anyone who stumbles across this same problem, it turns out the easiest solution is to locate versions of the demul games you want that are formatted like MAME games, but run on Demul. That is confusing, but I found all 3 of the games I listed above as "MAME" files. You'll need 2 files for each game: a '.chd' file and a '.zip' file.

- Place both '.chd' and '.zip' files together in the "roms" folder inside the Demul folder.
- Placing the files inside the roms folder that is inside your Demul folder is an important detail. Some games seem to only run if they are placed within the Demul folder. 
- In Launchbox, point at the '.zip' file with your Demul emulator and it'll run. 
- Be sure to have the correct Demul command line parameters in Launchbox which is:  -run=naomi -rom= (here's a thread with more details on that: 

)

Hope this helps someone!