LaunchBox Community Forums

Black screen launching from LaunchBox and RetroArch using SMB NAS

minhgi

I have all my roms on a NAS which my Nvidia Shield PRO can mount and read the rom folders.  Roms can be imported with no problem, but launching the game from LaunchBox android, it will load RetroArch in a black screen.  I can launch the game in RetroArch from the SMB NAS with zero problem.  If I store a test rom and import from the local  adoptive storage, I can launch it through LaunchBox and RetroArch just fine.  Only through network from Launchbox, I received a black screen. 

I have checked about the same issue .  Most problem seem to relate to wrong network path, zip extraction option in the Launchbox emulator setting, or worn cores.  I have check all of those probableissue on my side.  Not sure what could be wrong. 

Anyway, have any one have this issue?  Below are my specs.

2019 NVidia Shield latest 9.1+ hotfix

Launchbox Android 1.6 + RetroArch x64 1.12

tested SNES and Sega Genesis roms both local storage (works) and over network (don't work).

Edited by minhgi

Got it resolved....after few more days researching the internet.  RetroArch need to be install on the internal storage rather than the external or adoptable storage.  Pull my hairs off....literally research this issue.

Not sure why rom stored on the internal storage work but through SMB NAS doesn't.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...