LaunchBox Community Forums

RocketLauncher UI (RLUI) Startup Crashing

garrett521

I have been using RL and LB together for several years without issue.  However, for the last few months I have been experiencing instant startup crashing with RLUI. When I try to start RLUI, the initial splash screen appears for a few seconds, appearing like it is loading all the settings, then crashes.  I then try to open it again and again until it finally loads up (sometimes, not all).  It is hit or miss, sometimes it will only take 3-4 times trying, other times I have tried starting it 20+ times but never gets past the startup crash.  Looking through the RL forum and troubleshooting page I did see to look for and uninstall SonicSuite, but that is not on my system (unless it is really hidden somewhere).  Through my additional troubleshooting to this point, I have run a complete virus/malware scan, finding nothing.  Then, I did a system clean, including the scan and clean up of the registry.  Then, uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers.  I also tried a "Clean Boot" and booting Win10 into Safe Mode, but still an immediate crash.  I have also ensured all .Net and C++ apps are up to date.  Not sure what else to try next other than a complete reinstall of Windows (which I do not want to do!). I was trying to narrow down the time frame as to when this behavior began and what I may have done differently.  Earlier this year I upgraded from an NVIDIA 1060 to a 2060, and I think shortly after that the crashes started.  Has anyone heard of anything like that having effects such as this?  I have attached my RocketLauncherUI.log here in case there is anything anyone can see that may help determine the problem?  Thanks for any advice you can give!

RocketLauncherUI.log.txt