LaunchBox Community Forums

Update problem to fix

tom75000

Hi, 

I got a problem with big box. He ask me to download the last update. I clicked No.

When I ran big box again he started to download the last version. So I just exit the program and now impossible to run big box. 

I have to install it again to run it. 

Do you know why? 

It is possible to change a config file to turn off the installation of the version and don't prompt for update? 

Ps : i' the settings I had turn off for the version but that don't work.

Thank you for your response 

It sounds like you un-checked Check for Updates and/or Update to Beta Releases after you clicked No on the "Do you want to install the update now? popup.

6 hours ago, tom75000 said:

Do you know why? 

When it's set to check for updates and there is an update, and you then click No (don't install), LaunchBox creates a temporary file in the /Updates/ folder called "UpdateStatus" (no file extension).  This tells LaunchBox/BigBox to [automatically] install the update next time it starts.

6 hours ago, tom75000 said:

I have to install it again to run it.

When you do got to install it again, 1st delete the file ../LaunchBox/Updates/UpdateStatus,  if it exists.  Run the installer and then when LaunchBox starts, go to Tools, Options and make sure the Update boxes are un-checked, and click OK.

(Just to be sure....) now exit LaunchBox normally and look in the /Updates/ folder.  If there's a file called "UpdateStatus", delete it.

You should be good-to-go.