LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding More MAME Roms

Zayd47

Hello to all community people.

I have a question regarding mame roms.

Let say i already have a bunch of mame games already in my list and i wanted to add some more,Sometime the name of rom makes me confused and i forgot,So i have to added the entire mame folder again,Is there any method or any way that how could i add more new mame roms into the platform instead of entire rom folder again?

Thank You

Easiest way to add a new rom is just open the folder the rom is in and drag and drop the rom file into LB. That will automatically open the import wizard. 

Another option is to scan the folder and LB will add only the new roms. To do this though you need to make sure you change the default rom folder path for the platform. 

1. In LB right click the platform's name in the left hand window pane of LB. Choose edit. Then go to the Folders tab. In the "Game" option make sure the folder path showing there is where your roms for that platform is actually located. 

2. Once #1 is completed go to >Tools >Scan >For Added Roms {Platform Name}.

LB should now scan that rom folder and only add games not already imported. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:34 PM, Retro808 said:

Easiest way to add a new rom is just open the folder the rom is in and drag and drop the rom file into LB. That will automatically open the import wizard. 

Another option is to scan the folder and LB will add only the new roms. To do this though you need to make sure you change the default rom folder path for the platform. 

1. In LB right click the platform's name in the left hand window pane of LB. Choose edit. Then go to the Folders tab. In the "Game" option make sure the folder path showing there is where your roms for that platform is actually located. 

2. Once #1 is completed go to >Tools >Scan >For Added Roms {Platform Name}.

LB should now scan that rom folder and only add games not already imported. 

Thank You,Silly me i didn't see that option.So sorry.

But im have another problem adding the game with same name.

Its mame Double Dragon.The rom name is different but it has the same name and it wont add the game.

11 hours ago, Zayd47 said:

Thank You,Silly me i didn't see that option.So sorry.

But im have another problem adding the game with same name.

Its mame Double Dragon.The rom name is different but it has the same name and it wont add the game.

Check the option in the Import Wizard for "Force Import Duplicate".

• Thanks 1