LaunchBox Community Forums

Bally Astrocade & Intellivision

Rotgut

So for Bally Astrocade & Intellivision... I have the roms for each system, they load in and they populate on screen in LB — but when I launch a game, I get this strange screen with a grid and numbers and the words "Start Game." I'm not sure what this is about, I assume I'm missing something like a proper BIOS maybe? Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thank you so much : )

21 hours ago, Rotgut said:

So for Bally Astrocade & Intellivision... I have the roms for each system, they load in and they populate on screen in LB — but when I launch a game, I get this strange screen with a grid and numbers and the words "Start Game." I'm not sure what this is about, I assume I'm missing something like a proper BIOS maybe? Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thank you so much : )

Sounds like you may have accidentally told LaunchBox to use the 2048 core for those platforms. 

You can confirm this by going into Tools > Manage > Emulators, then opening the RetroArch entry and enter into the Associated Platforms section. Find those platforms and see what Core it's associated with. Change the core to one that works for those platforms.

It's worth knowing how to look through the libretro docs for all sorts of information about cores and bios files for RetroArch: https://docs.libretro.com/library/bios/

It does look like Intellivision also requires some bios files, based on their docs.