LaunchBox Community Forums

Ps2

dse

Hi, Why is it impossible to play ps2 games? I can launch them through Retroarch or PCSX2 but Launchbox don't even want to start retroarch for ps2 isos and PCSX2 give me a cdvd plugin error and I can't even change the settings in PCx2 the source drive is blank. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I, too, am having trouble getting PS2 to run properly.

Can you explain, please, in a little more detail what you are advising the OP to do? 

I tried watching some YouTube tutorials, but I couldn't get them to work. 

My current issue is that no ROMs will play. In fact, when I try to run a game, some weird math game with sliding squares comes up. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, MrSlippery said:

Can you explain, please, in a little more detail what you are advising the OP to do?

Check the screenshots and make sure that those screens in their setup looks like that.

My current issue is that no ROMs will play. In fact, when I try to run a game, some weird math game with sliding squares comes up.

Can you run games in the emulator outside of Launchbox ?

In some instances with the emulator there are 2 files, the .Bin and .Cue file formats, some of the games do not work if they are using the .bin format disc so you would need to use the .cue option instead, Launchbox immediatly goes and detects the .bin file for PS2 games so those which do not work may need to be changed to .cue

Example, Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of cortex can have this occur.

24 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Ok then make sure your settings in LB look like the screenshots I posted.

Make sure you imported the correct file to load the game ie: cue

Make sure your platform name you imported the games to match the platform name in associated platforms.

Hello again,

Thank you for your help. I am still not able to get it.

Now when I try to run a PS2 game from Launchbox, it just opens up PCXS2 and asks me to put in a PS2 disc or formatting disc.

I think my issue is that I am not able to set the correct Application Path like you have in your screenshot. When I browse for the .exe, it is not available to choose (even though I am browsing in the folder where (I think) it is located). 

Also, what do you mean when you say "Make sure you imported the correct file to load the game ie: cue?" What is Cue?

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Also, what do you mean when you say "Make sure you imported the correct file to load the game ie: cue?" What is Cue?

Some disk images come in cue + bin format and you want to import the cue file. This can vary by emulator but you want to import the file that you load into the emulator.