LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing and combing multiple roms and folders question

Ultra God Azgorath

Hi guys. Just a quick question on a little situation I'm having.

So currently I'm downloading and importing every single rom that is compatible with retroachievements (yes this includes multiple regions and hacks for the same game etc) and the folder structure is made so that each game entry on the RA website is a folder and inside each folder is 1 or more "linked hash" roms in zip format. Now, when I'm importing into LB, I make sure to tick "Use folder names instead of ROM file names for game titles" and "Combine ROMs with matching titles into a single game" and for the most part this works very well.

However I've hit a snag with the pokemon games and I'm sure this will affect other games with similar names too. So I have 2 folders. Folder 1 is called "Pokemon Red Version ! Pokemon Blue Version" which has 10 RA compatible roms in it and folder 2 is called "Pokemon Red Version ! Pokemon Blue Version [Subset - Bonus]" which has 4 RA compatible roms in it. Now, because the game names are very similar, when I import them into LB, LB will combine all 14 roms into 1 game entry called "Pokemon Red Version ! Pokemon Blue Version" instead of importing them into 2 separate game entries, named the same as the 2 folders respectively and combining 10 roms into 1 entry and 4 roms into the other entry. Is there a way I can import these 2 folders as 2 separate entires without changing any names or is this a feature that isn't implemented and thus I should add it to the features bitbucket wishlist?

Edited by Azgorath