LaunchBox Community Forums

No sound with stand-alone MAME systems.

MarkRMWalker

Over the weekend I put a few MAME only systems like Amstrad GX 4000, Epoch Game Poctket, Entex Adventure Vision and the super A,can into LB. They all work well but I still need to configure the controllers and figure out how to exit the games elegantly.

Howeve, the big problem I can’t seem to solve is the lack of sound. I am using a recent build of MAME (the same one I am concurrently using for the Arcade systems) and have found the right ROMs that run the system software with no problem except for the lack of sound. I just checked the Arcade Setup and seem to have lost sound there as well. I had sound for the Arcade systems when I installed them last year but that seems to have stopped now. I am using the same MAME emulator for the Arcade and new additions.

Could someone point me in the right direction to sort this out.

TIA, k1w1

PS. All of the Retroarch, AppleWin, ZX Spectrum and other emulator systems have sound.

Edited by MarkRMWalker