LaunchBox Community Forums

Play time counter problem (Xbox GamePass and EA Games)

jagarbet

Good morning, I wonder if there is a way for launchbox to correctly count the time played in the games imported from Xbox GamePass and EA Games, (To keep the feedback up to date I have to say, that the time counting system works correctly with games from (STEAM, AMAZON GAMES, and I think also EPIC Games, although I still need to confirm it).

With XBOX gamepass something can be done if I manually modify the launcher to the .exe of the game, however, to keep the xbox badget, I must create an additional application with the path xbox:// and every time I import new games from the platform, it creates a new additional application. Also it takes me these applications as different versions of the game showing me the badget of multiple versions, I like the perfection and I'm annoyed by this.

With EA Games it doesn't record anything at all natively, I think to remember that with ORIGIN it get the data directly from the platform. 

Greetings!

I do want to continue to improve PC storefront functionality and get feature parity between all the storefronts. At this time I'm not certain how fast or easy it is to update those fields on startup like we do for Steam and GOG but I'll keep an eye on it as we move forward.