LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 11 Pro: XamlParseException on BigBox (Fresh Install)

S and S

Hello all. I'm starting to setup my retro box, but running into an issue with a fresh install of windows and a fresh install of launchbox. LaunchBox itself works fine, I'm able to use Keyboard and USB XBox Controller - it is when I open BigBox that I receive errors. I'll get the "bigbox" intro sound and nothing else... only way out is to Ctrl+Alt+Del

MiniPC: Beelink SER5 Plus AMD Mini PC, Ryzen 7 5800H (see Windows.png)

Quick details / things I've done thus far:

• Installed MAME 0.252 (merged)
  • Deleted LaunchBox a few times and did another fresh install with the same result
  • Updated Windows with Windows Updater
  • Updated AMD Chipset to latest
  • Installed License.yml for LaunchBox

Looking forward to any ideas! I look around at the forums and all I found was this topic here that wasn't responded to: 

Windows.png

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

18 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Errors point to there being an issue with the theme you're using. This error also happens a lot on drives that aren't NTFS formatted.

Using Default Theme (Default everything - clean & fresh install).

Checking drive format and placement here shortly. Support recommended no characters in my Windows username (which there is)