LaunchBox Community Forums

XBLA Rename PowerShell Script (no 3rd party software needed)

Hey guys, so @Aevanse01 had posted a method of managing and renaming the XBLA games using BRU (Bulk Renaming Utility) along with a TXT file that he included but is no longer available. So I decided to come up with a solution since we so desperately need one and wrote a little PowerShell script that moves the games to their grandparent (root) directory and renames the games to the name of the folder (you must ensure your games are named correctly) and deletes the empty folders. I am, by no means, a talented scripter and have just mishmashed a few different scripts I found across teh webz. If you are a more capable PS scripter and want to  edit/fix/add to this script, please do, just remember to credit me and edit the script to include everybody's name that has worked on this. Instructions are in the Read Me file. This is a first time release of anything I have scripted so, please people, go kind on me and if you have advice to make this better, I am all ears but can't promise I can resolve any bugs. I offer no warranty or support, this is provided as-is. 

XBLA_Bulk_Renaming_Script_v1.9.4_by_LegzRwheelz_aka_CTinD.rar

• 11 months later...

This was extremely helpful it resolved naming 95% of 800 games  i was adding and saved me sooooooo much time  . For anyone having issues running his script be sure to right click and go to properties to unblock it so it can work its magic. Thank you for this