LaunchBox Community Forums

BUG NEEDS FIXING: Exporting Commodore 64 Files (and ZX Spectrum) - Does not include Tape 2, Disk 2, Side B etc.

jjsparx

UPDATE EDIT: I have just done another export with only C64 and the issue is not present??? Not sure why it's now worked, nothing has changed. I will leave the rest of the info below for reference, but this appears to be a one off on a single export.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure why this happens with C64 and ZX Spectrum (maybe others).

I have checked for this issue with Playstation 1 and GameCube and their multiple discs are exported without issue.

I do not know how many other systems are affected by this - I'd imagine Commodore Amiga will be the same, I don't have individual disc files for my Amiga as they are all kept in a single LHA file, but someone using adf files will definitely have multiple files and might also be affected.

So, basically when I export my games collection from Windows to Android, if I check the resulting export folder in \LaunchBox\Games\Commodore 64 - all the games with multiple files associated with them - like tape 1, tape 2, side A, side B, disk 1, disk 2 etc. The second parts are all being ignored and just the first file is sent over.

Some examples:

Labyrinth (Activision + Lucasfilm Games) (Side A).zip - INCLUDED

Labyrinth (Activision + Lucasfilm Games) (Side B).zip - MISSING

Games, The - Winter Edition (Disk 1 Side A).D64 - INCLUDED

Games, The - Winter Edition (Disk 1 Side B).D64 - MISSING

Games, The - Winter Edition (Disk 2 Side A).D64 - MISSING

Games, The - Winter Edition (Disk 2 Side B).D64 - MISSING

Games, The - Winter Edition (Disk 3 Side A).D64 - MISSING

Games, The - Winter Edition (Disk 3 Side B).D64 - MISSING

Summer Games II (Side A).G64 - INCLUDED

Summer Games II (Side B).G64 - MISSING

I presume this is a bug, rather than a limitation, due to the fact that other systems with multiple discs seem to be fine (Playstation and GameCube).

As a quick solution I am going to manually add those missing files back into my Games export folder - will this still work?

Does the XML file for Commodore need to reflect the multiple files (\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\Commodore 64.XML)?

Many thanks!

Edited by jjsparx
Tested again and now working?