LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox (BigBox) not pulling in latest EmuMovies

Egonic

Hello,

EmuMovies has released a new version to their PS2 snaps 'Sony Playstation 2 (Video Snaps)(HQ)(Redump)(USA)(1.5)' and I am not getting them.

I assumed that LaunchBox would automatically get the new data, this apparently seems to have been naive to think. This resolves a ton of video issues and improves the quality in a big way, so I am very interested in this update.

Does anyone know what needs to be done and potential timeline to get the new videos through launchBox?

LaunchBox pulls the videos directly from the EmuMovies Sync servers. This means if you don’t get the new videos than they haven’t updated those servers yet.

It also seems that they haven’t posted a news article about this update on their website, so my guess is that they are still working on it.

To be certain you would have to ask them; we have no control or insights about that.

9 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

LaunchBox pulls the videos directly from the EmuMovies Sync servers. This means if you don’t get the new videos than they haven’t updated those servers yet.

It also seems that they haven’t posted a news article about this update on their website, so my guess is that they are still working on it.

To be certain you would have to ask them; we have no control or insights about that.

Thank you very much for the information!

I wasn't certain if you manually had to target a set of videos or if EmuMovies resolved it via some sort of API.

They said the update would be posted and officially released next week so guess I just have to be a little patient.