LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch not playing games within launchbox???

Mighty_Richman

I have a weird problem! For most of my older games I use Retroarch as my goto emulator collection! all cores are downloaded and into the "cores" folder.

In launchbox setup for Retroarch, all cores are missing /can't be found !!! So trying to start any game using retroarch in Launchbox,  it just leads me to the trailer playback...

So...helping hand wanted!!!

Thank you

Greetings

Mighty_Richman

Edited by Mighty_Richman

Sounds like you may have a number of configuration issues inside of LaunchBox.

On 4/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, Mighty_Richman said:

it just leads me to the trailer playback...

This indicates that you may have accidentally imported mp4 files during your ROM import process. This happens if you have your ROM files and your video files in the same folder and import the entire folder or all the files into LaunchBox.

On 4/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, Mighty_Richman said:

In launchbox setup for Retroarch, all cores are missing /can't be found !!!

This indicates that you are possibly pointing to a different version of RetroArch than you are thinking. One that doesn't have any cores available. In LaunchBox, go into Tools > Manage > Emulators. Edit your RetroArch entry, and see what the application path is. That will tell you where LaunchBox is expecting to find RetroArch. Then in explorer, go to that location and make sure cores are available (if not, you can download them within RetroArch, or use LaunchBox's RetroArch download and installer found under Tools > Manage > RetroArch.

Then, go back to your RetroArch emulator window inside of LaunchBox and check your Associated Platforms section to make sure each platform you want to play is associated with the core that you want to use.