LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to exit emulators from BigBox using controller mappings

Sid Almond

Situation:

I bought a brand new PC and migrated my Launchbox/BigBox setup along with my various games and emulators here. In terms of emulators, I don't play much other than Retroarch, Dolphin (stable build), redream (stable), Xemu (stable), and RPCS3 (stable). All emulators can be "exited" while I'm in Launchbox with either my Xbox Series X controller or 8bitdo controllers (Start+Select combination). However, I am only able to exit Retroarch while in BigBox. The other emulators do not work with the same mappings. I have tried different controllers, in different orders, different mappings, and none work. I even tried custom exit codes (pasted below) and none work. For now, I am exiting these emulators with my keyboard though I'd love to go back to the controller mapping as it's far more convenient!

Exit codes I have tried:

; Redream exits with Alt+F4
Send {Alt down}
Sleep 50
Send {F4 down}
Sleep 50
Send {F4 up}
Sleep 50
Send {Alt up}
$Esc::
{
	Send {Alt down}
	Sleep 50
	Send {F4 down}
	Sleep 50
	Send {F4 up}
	Sleep 50
	Send {Alt up}
}

Lastly, I have a backup of the Launchbox configuration from my previous PC and I copied/pasted the exit codes that appeared to work with no issues with the same emulators but no dice :(

Any helps or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Sid Almond

• 11 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 5:46 PM, Sid Almond said:

I just removed the exit codes and the emulators are exiting...whomp whomp! Thanks for the help!

I was pulling my hair out trying to get RPCS3 to exit with controller command in BigBox, lots of internet searches and attempts to make it work and the whole time it was the script that was preventing it, You're the Man bro! Thanks. Now I can officially close all my emulators from the controller in Big Box which really helps for streaming BB from my PC to other devices with Moonlight.