LaunchBox Community Forums

Two doubts about config (scripts and media)

SonGokuu

1.- Is it possible to set the Script for exiting a single non emulated PC game?

I mean, I see there is an option for setting a "running script" at the emulator profile. But I would like to be able to exit from a PC Game without the mouse. Only pressing ESC with the script 

$Esc::
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

2.- Is there any way to set a box front as main? Because several games have two or more different covers for the same region (limited/collectors edition, Platinum/the Best edition, standard edition....) and Launchbox changes between them randomly.

Thank you very much.

3 hours ago, SonGokuu said:

Is it possible to set the Script for exiting a single non emulated PC game?

It's recommended to always use the Exit selection from within the PC games menu for exiting these types of games.  This is to ensure a proper shutdown of the game.

That said, if the games executable starts the game directly (vs being a 'launcher' app that then loads the game), it may be possible to save your above script to an .ahk file (MyScript.ahk) and then set that as an Additional Application for the PC game and have it Automatically Run Before Main Application.

3 hours ago, SonGokuu said:

Is there any way to set a box front as main? Because several games have two or more different covers for the same region (limited/collectors edition, Platinum/the Best edition, standard edition....) and Launchbox changes between them randomly.

No.  The only way to dedicate a single image type (i.e. Box-Front) to a game is to remove the other images of that type for that game.  Otherwise, you get to cool effect of having that image type alternate through the other images [of that type].

• Like 1
  • Game On 1