LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam not finding my 2 Steam Games folders?

Willabong

I have Steam Games installed in a folder named Steam on my E drive and also in a folder named Steam Library on my D drive, neither of these folders is recognised by LaunchBox?  LaunchBox has loaded about 20 games from somewhere, and most of these are not games that I bought or own? That leaves about 788+ games I cannot get LaunchBox to find? And there is no option to select other Steam folders?

Any advice please?

Edited by Willabong

Steam import uses the Steam API to read your owned library directly and generates the Steam URLs needed to launch those games via Steam. We don't actually look in ANY file location so I'm curious how you're importing your games that this is an issue for you.

I have used the correct procedure and LaunchBox started to display what I thought was my games, but only loaded about 25 games most of which were not mine! Before I started entering my Steam account I loaded my Gog account which also has around 550 games without any problems! But after entering my Steam custom id which I take it is my alternative name and my API, LaunchBOX Started to load what I thought was my Steam games but the games it loaded were not mine? I may have done something wrong but LaunchPad did start loading games from somewhere?

When you go to edit your profile on the general page (the one it opens to) the first three text blocks are "Profile Name", "Real Name", and "Custom URL". You want to enter a value in the third box ("Custom URL") and then copy that value and paste it into the LaunchBox importer.

That did it! Thanks for staying with this C-Beats, Steam games are now loading up fine. I must say that I really like this front end, it's miles better than Gog Galaxy!  Thanks again for your help!

PS:  I noticed that quite a few people are having this or a similar problem? Maybe a simple explanation of what should be entered into the Custom URL field, instead of enter a value, something like enter any user name you want in the box!  Just a thought?