LaunchBox Community Forums

How many working MAME games should i expect using Launchbox?

Foz

Hi all,

Just wondering if im doing something wrong with this?

So i have a total of just under 3000 working MAME games in LB though i have a full rom set, yet according to Google there are roughly 7000 working MAME games?

How many should i expect to work in LB, if i import a full romeset?

For example, when i imported all the ROMS, there was a favourite game of mine i used to play in the Arcades called 'Shadow Warrior' that wasnt shown after the import. Yet when i looked the ROM was already there, and so i manually added it to LB and it worked fine.

So i wonder how many other games are included and working, yet are not imported during the process in LB?

Am i missing something obvious at all?

Thanks for the help.

44 minutes ago, Foz said:

So i have a total of just under 3000 working MAME games in LB though i have a full rom set, yet according to Google there are roughly 7000 working MAME games?

Thats correct, remember mame combines games that are different versions of the same game, Street Fighter II for example, if you right click it that are many versions.

44 minutes ago, Foz said:

For example, when i imported all the ROMS, there was a favourite game of mine i used to play in the Arcades called 'Shadow Warrior' that wasnt shown after the import.

This will depend on the region you chose in the import wizard. This game was not released in the US, it was Europe and Japan ony and in Japan it had a different name of "Ninja Ryukenden" Its actually a Ninja Gaiden game, and for me was imported as standard when i did my mame import.

image.thumb.png.7fc86956549d570fa274ffe373094edf.png

image.thumb.png.81bb9b429d4f2fd2bf5ba856c006c2c2.png

Edited by neil9000