LaunchBox Community Forums

Philips CDi controller config issues

stevaside

The old roms I had from a few years ago using MAME in LB wouldn't work so I just figured out how to run the CDI in Retroarch

Some of the control settings for these games are super cumbersome, but I can't seem to get them mapped the way I want in Retroarch's settings & I don't see any option for a pause button either.

I mainly wanted to play this version of Tetris, but unlike any other consoles I've played, the down button doesn't drop the tiles, one of the gamepad's buttons do. Throws me off WAY & not only that, I have an Xbox One controller I'm using & it seems to map most, if not all of these games main action button to the X instead of the A or B & that further makes gameplay so awkward

I know this is an obscure system, but has anybody successfully custom configed the controls for this? I would like to set Tetris exclusively to use the down on the D-Pad to drop tiles as well, but do not see an option to set controls by game like it is done in MAME. 

Would appreciate any advice, it's also been a while since I used Retroarch at all, so sure my memory needs refreshing on certain things

[EDIT]Some more issues:for one game it kept telling me "Press button 1 to start, yet no buttons on my control did anything except return to the menu where it would repeat that prompt infinitely. Another game, 10 seconds after I began trying to play it gave me some "disc is dirty, please clean & reinsert" message. HOW is that even possible?!

Edited by stevaside
misspell, more text

• stevaside changed the title to Philips CDi controller config issues