LaunchBox Community Forums

Performance issues using certain assets in Theme Creator

I've learned how to use the theme creator over the last week and found it to be a very powerful and intuitive program. Already got my own designs from my head into reality with it. But there are some features that cost more performance than others such as the video mirror tool. I've got it working with the DS video snaps to split the top and bottom screens and all is well apart from the performance cost which seems very sharp. I'm not sure if this feature is going to be more feasible in the future, or if there's a more efficient way of doing this already, but video mirror is going to be good for many implementations when performance is sorted. Not only do the top and bottom videos not sync correctly, but other animations and transitions are heavily affected. I have an example here.

It's a custom config for CoverBox btw, and I know it doesn't necessarily follow the box art theme but then It's just for my own use tastes. All is well with it apart from these performance costs for the video mirror. The stuttering you see in this video is exactly how it is without recording. Though interestingly the preview through the theme creator is much smoother.