LaunchBox Community Forums

Pac Man

slot888

LB does not run games, emulators do. So it will import anything you ask it to. LB simply sends the command line to tell the emulator what game to run. 

LB recognizes the game fine. It knows Pac-man is a clone of Puckmann so it is likely listed as an additional app in Puckman especially if you used the full rom set port option. 

16 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

LB does not run games, emulators do. So it will import anything you ask it to. LB simply sends the command line to tell the emulator what game to run. 

LB recognizes the game fine. It knows Pac-man is a clone of Puckmann so it is likely listed as an additional app in Puckman especially if you used the full rom set port option. 

I know how it  works it's just a front end, I have all the roms but it does not recognise pac man.  If I go to puck man I may be able to select it off the list but it does not have a pac man slot.

If you select it as the default, the database will recognise it when you type "Pac-man", having cleared the ”Puckman" entry. Unfortunately, I’ve not found a way to prevent the parent being restored on a full Mame import. You also have to change the Clear-logo

3 hours ago, slot888 said:

I know how it  works it's just a front end, I have all the roms but it does not recognise pac man.  If I go to puck man I may be able to select it off the list but it does not have a pac man slot.

Well you asked if LB could run Pac-man so if you knew how it works you know LB does not run games. So I was just clarifying as many users assume LB runs the games. I was merely responding to your exact question. 

How did you import your Mame roms? Full set importer or just a single game or selected games? As mentioned Pac-man is a clone so depending on how you are importing there are a couple ways to ensure Pac-man is imported. Such as selected North America for the region option. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, Retro808 said:

Well you asked if LB could run Pac-man so if you knew how it works you know LB does not run games. So I was just clarifying as many users assume LB runs the games. I was merely responding to your exact question. 

How did you import your Mame roms? Full set importer or just a single game or selected games? As mentioned Pac-man is a clone so depending on how you are importing there are a couple ways to ensure Pac-man is imported. Such as selected North America for the region option. 

LB may not run the games directly but it still displays the games you give it to launch, it only runs what it wants to so it is responsible for running games as you have to talk to LB first, and it does not run pac man it runs puck man.  Doesn't matter what region it is.

5 hours ago, slot888 said:

....and it does not run pac man it runs puck man.   

LB most certainly can send the command line to Mame to tell Mame to "run" Pac-Man.  

5 hours ago, slot888 said:

LB may not run the games directly but it still displays the games you give it to launch, it only runs what it wants to so it is responsible for running games as you have to talk to LB first, and it does not run pac man it runs puck man.  Doesn't matter what region it is.

LB "recognizes" Pac-Man just fine with the correct region prioritized. Here it is imported along with all other clones/versions using North America as my region. The images below are a fresh full mame reimport just for this post. 

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 8.10.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 8.10.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 3.26.48 PM.png