LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller config help for noob?

JaketheHitman

Spent yesterday installing Launchbox for the 1st time on my PC.  I used the 64 bit free version because my HP computer specs matched.  Everything loaded and works except my Marricom bluetooth controller is not configured for any games.  I tried mapping the keys in Retroarch but nothing changed.  Also, Launchbox is SLOW.  It seems to be taking forever to do anything.  I can use the controller to move around in the Launchbox and Retroarch menus but it says it isn't configured even when I mapped them in Launchbox and Retroarch.  I am utterly baffled and - this is important - I've already tried manually doing this in Retroarch.  I've tried everything I could find and no results.  It took almost 10 hours to set all this up and a few more spent on the controller issue and I am stumped.  I don't want to spend another whole day setting it up again.  Any suggestions?

And assume I don't know how to do anything.  I've used Retroarch for years on my android box with no issues, but this is utterly baffling me.  

Oh, also if it helps, it's Windows 10 PC, the 64 bit free Launchbox and a Matricom bluetooth controller.  The issue is not with MAME but Retroarch - I don't have a MAME set to install.  

I have never used any of these things on this PC, so I can't figure this out.  But used RetroArch on my android box and Firestick with the same controller.  No problems there at all.