LaunchBox Community Forums

How to stop "esc" from closing additional apps

Browncoat1984

So I'm trying to set up my windows collection to have additional apps setup to launch mods / extra programs for games IE I have Quake, go to additional apps, then I can launch Slayers Testaments or launch 7th Heaven from Final Fantasy VII additional apps. The problem I'm having is that when I launch the additional apps, they close automatically when I hit the escape key. How do I disable using the esc. key from closing additional apps under windows games? 

4 hours ago, Browncoat1984 said:

So I'm trying to set up my windows collection to have additional apps setup to launch mods / extra programs for games IE I have Quake, go to additional apps, then I can launch Slayers Testaments or launch 7th Heaven from Final Fantasy VII additional apps. The problem I'm having is that when I launch the additional apps, they close automatically when I hit the escape key. How do I disable using the esc. key from closing additional apps under windows games? 

escape does not close anything from a LB/BB perspective by default. it is the "back" button within LB/BB by default but that wouldn't close other programs whether or not they are main version or additional app.

familiar with the games, not the mods.....what happens when you open them outside of LB/BB and use the escape key? works ok or same issue occurs?

you may have assigned escape key to "close active window" in Big Box keyboard automation or something similar. or maybe you have a script with an esc hotkey getting triggered. this isn't default/normal behavior for the esc key so you likely have an undesirable setting somewhere

if no luck finding the real smoking gun of the issue you could resort to using a script, beware it will literally block the escape key from working at all while the script runs (*and hotkeys are enabled that is....read on for details). it's a hotkey triggered by escape, but if you put a return immediately after it, it's making it do nothing. so you might want another hotkey in the same script that would turn this escape blocking OFF just in case you find yourself in a spot where you need to use escape key. So that is what the End hotkey will do here. It's actually works like a toggle key here. So you can turn the esc key being blocked on/off at your leisure 

Esc::Return
End::Suspend