LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 1.9, How to choose a custom theme?

elwooha6

So I've been using computers for a good 30 years and feel pretty comfortable figuring things out on my own but I can't figure out how to actually set the active theme in the android app for the life of me.

I've downloaded two themes, verified that the folders are in the correct place on my sd card under the Launchbox/Themes folder, and when I access the "Manage Themes" menu in the app I see that the themes are listed under "installed". Now this is where I'm stuck, I've clicked on the themes and tried the menu in the corner but all I see there are options to Like, Uninstall, Repair and Get Support. How the cripes do I actually enable the theme?

Ok, I found a guide on how to change individual views for platforms and I gotta say this is not intuitive at all if you are coming from BigBox and are accustomed to a "Theme" being an overall skin for the entire experience. I'd really like to see this changed in the future to be more in line with the mainline LaunchBox/BigBox way of thinking rather than having to set all of your platforms individually to a specific "View". Furthermore the wording here on the forum is confusing as well seeing that in the downloads section these "custom views" are referred to as "Themes" which would indicate that it is a complete reskin of the interface and not something that one would need to adjust for each view independently.

Anyway I realize that these two posts are minutes apart but I racked my noodle over this for what felt like an eternity and wanted to put my frustration to words so maybe things can be improved in the future.