LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox metadata search displaying no results for games.

KingCronecker

I've just imported my Steam library into Launchbox. Among the 100 or so titles there were a few blanks. Dead Island is one of them. There is no metadata being displayed for the game. I right-click and edit metadata and, of course, it's blank. I search for metadata with the correct name and it says that there are "No games were found with the specified title". Obviously, this is a popular game so it's unlikely not to be in the database. I checked the Launchbox Game Database anyway and it's there with all the info and images. I have deleted and readded the game to no avail. There are a few titles that have this issue all from Steam. Any help would be much appreciated. 

This is related to a change made in the DB and 13.6+ of LaunchBox. We are in the database attaching Steam IDs to games ourselves that we know are accurate for the game they are attached to and now use that data to match Steam games to ensure accuracy. We are working still to get that datapoint added to more games moving forward to help eliminate what you are seeing. At the moment a work around to this logic would be to go to the launching page of Edit Game and cut (CTRL+X) the launch path. Then go back to the general page and do the database search and pick the game, then go back to the launching page and paste the app path back in.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This is related to a change made in the DB and 13.6+ of LaunchBox. We are in the database attaching Steam IDs to games ourselves that we know are accurate for the game they are attached to and now use that data to match Steam games to ensure accuracy. We are working still to get that datapoint added to more games moving forward to help eliminate what you are seeing. At the moment a work around to this logic would be to go to the launching page of Edit Game and cut (CTRL+X) the launch path. Then go back to the general page and do the database search and pick the game, then go back to the launching page and paste the app path back in.

Thanks a lot. This worked like a charm.