LaunchBox Community Forums

Brand New Install, Immediate Error

Serein

Hi all, not sure what all info would be useful here. I am trying to install LaunchBox for the first time, and getting an error immediately when it opens. The first time, following the prompts in the installer, I installed into a sub-folder of my OneDrive, like C:\Users\me\OneDrive\LaunchBox. After getting the error there, I thought to myself, well, installing in cloud folders is often problematic anyway, so I'll install instead to a regular local folder. So I uninstalled, made sure all files were gone from the previous install, then re-installed into C:\Users\me\LaunchBox this time. Running Windows 11, can give system stats if needed but don't know what's useful as I previously mentioned.

Here is the error I'm getting:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. (Parameter 'index')

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.6
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Site:    Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRange_IndexException()
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.RemoveAt(Int32 index)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MenuActions.DownloadMetadataAndMediaMenuAction.<>c__DisplayClass16_1.PushAbstractUtils(Game game)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass7_1`1.SelectCommonFilter()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

5:24:18 PM Exception

I'm having the same issue, Windows 11.

I installed the .NET Framework 7.0 thinking it may be that based on other replies. Error only appears on first launch but it brings in my Steam games with no artwork. If I force it to update I think it works afterwards... but not entirely sure.

Here's my log on launch:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.6
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Uplay.Models.ProductInformation] RevertCommonMock()
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Uplay.Uplay.RevertCommonMock()
   at WatcherPolicyBase.CountIdentifiableClient(WatcherPolicyBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Integrations.Uplay.Uplay.GetLibraryGames()
   at IdentifierTokenizerBase.CountIdentifiableClient(IdentifierTokenizerBase )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.MenuActions.DownloadStorefrontPosterMenuAction.StartDownloads(IEnumerable`1 games, Action`2 onImageGrabbed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c.StopAbstractState()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ChangeTraversalConnection(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.InvokeCommonFilter()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()

Recent Log:

12:47:57 PM Exception

• Like 1