LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems with DOSBOX in Launchbox (preinstalled games)

Javier Ramos Fariña

Greetings lovers of emulation and preservation of the retro. In the last two years I have been creating a fairly extensive and careful library of games in Launchbox. I am having some problems to get my selection of games in MSDOS to load directly through the DOSBOX included in Launchbox. Practically all the games I am trying to use are preinstalled. They already come with an executable (.exe) that makes the game start directly without installation or the use of commands in DOS. While this executable works perfectly for me outside of Launchbox, I am unable to add the game to this library and have it run correctly. I have almost twenty games and I only get half of them to work. If the game has any translation patch, or to skip the famous protections of the time, I only get them to start in native mode ignoring those patches. Can anyone help me? I’ve been having this problem for a long time but I can’t find much information on the web. Thank you in advance!!!