LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple Launchbox.exe Processes Causing High Memory Usage

gooodcook1

So I installed launchbox on a clean install of windows 10 and noticed that it seemed to be running a little heavy. I opened the process monitor and noticed that launch box and another process (Cefsharp.Browsersubprocess) each have 2 or 3 separate entries. They are indeed the same process after having looked into each instance, but I can't seem to figure out why this is occurring. This wouldn't be a big deal, however I became concerned when my memory usage began to continually ramp up from these multiple processes, at rest with nothing even having been loaded or added to launchbox itself. Seems strange at rest upon a fresh install of windows. I do not have windows defender activated and have no other anti-virus on the computer at the moment and there really aren't any other programs on the machine (it's pretty stripped down with all the pre installed apps removed as well). The pic I attached actually only has it at 22% Memory, but at times it will jump much higher at random intervals. Is this a normal occurrence for a fresh install?

mem.PNG

16 minutes ago, gooodcook1 said:

but at times it will jump much higher at random intervals. Is this a normal occurrence for a fresh install?

Thats pretty normal for any program on a PC, cpu and memory will spike when the program does things, and considering all the data and images Launchbox is caching 1.8GB and a overall 22% (of which everything else on your PC is adding to that percentage) really is nothing at all, chrome with 2 or 3 tabs open will use similar resources.