LaunchBox Community Forums

Critical Error xXXXX

Subie

Just updated my launchbox to the latest version and this error message appears after the installlation and boot up Launchbox

"CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED. Your system has produced unexpected results and Big Box cannot continue. Please report this issue on the launcbox forums and we will help you resolve the issue. Error code xXXXX"

Help please

• Retro808 changed the title to Critical Error xXXXX

This means the license you have located in the \Launchbox folder is one known to be shared/altered. Remove the license and you can continue to use the Free version. If you wish to properly support our developers purchase a license directly from our site. 

If you do feel this is an error email support@unbrokensoftware.com and advise of the situation. 

43 minutes ago, Subie said:

Thanks. I just found out the seller that sold me the arcade machine went into liquidation earlier this year and hence the license could be void. How do I remove the license?

Nah its void because he sold you a machine with a bad license. He was likely using the license he purchased and putting it in all the builds and illegally selling it like he was illegally selling roms. Good to hear its out of business. Only legitimate license comes from our site.  

Just go into the \Launhcobx folder and delete the license.