LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari Games brings only 2024-Game

Andreas7311

Hello,
I just got the full version of Launchbox and am still fairly inexperienced with the program. Among other things, I added some roms for the Atari 800, with which I immersed myself in the gaming world.
The import also seems to have worked, but when I start a game, only a "2024" game comes up. So where you can combine numbers like this and they will then double. Now I don't know if the ROMs are all wrong (Although they are all different sizes), or if Launchbox is running a replacement program. I've never been able to get Atari 800 games to run, so Launchbox was my big hope.
Does anyone perhaps have instructions?

Sounds like you are using Retroarch and the core selected is the 2024 core which is a game. You would need to change the core to the correct one for Atari 800 but it will take some extra steps to get working.

https://docs.libretro.com/library/atari800/

My advice would be to use the stand alone emulator Kat5200, it's a great emulator and is the easiest 5200/800 emulator to get setup: http://jillybunch.com/kat5200/

Man, it's complicated. I was hoping that Launchbox would be a platform that downloads and uploads the required files itself.
Now I'm just as far along as I was with Retroarch alone.
I have these bios files, but I have no idea where to copy them. The instructions I find don't match my directories and my Retroarch also looks different (black instead of blue)...

I don't know if this will work still but here is a portable zip of my Kat5200 setup I made a while back. It should just be a simple extract and go but I have not tested it in a long while, I still had this on my old PC.

13 minutes ago, Andreas7311 said:

I was hoping that Launchbox would be a platform that downloads and uploads the required files itself.

LB is just a frontend.

Kat5200-Portable.7z