LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame shutsdown...

rlithgow1

So not sure what's going on, but on most games for mame when started through launchbox, they close down. Yet if I launch mame directly (mame 0.258) all games run fine. So I'm not sure if it's because mame is somehow being launched without reading the mame.ini file, or launchbox isn't passing something to mame. Any help would be appreciated.

59 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Can you edit (in LaunchBox) your MAME emulator and share a screenshot of the Details section?

I'm thinking it may be the game version (lets say version 4 isn't working but 1 is) because they're missing roms. An example is Pole Position, World and Japan work but  atari 1 & 2 are missing some files. Is there a way to default to only complete working games instead of the 1st in the list? (I'm eventually gonna run BB, just setting everything up ahead of time)

image.thumb.png.0e1ca8b508353d77cdba0361eb41998e.png

When I 1st read your original post, I thought you were saying you had all games working directly with MAME but none through LaunchBox.  Rereading it, it sounds like you have some MAME games able to launch correctly through LaunchBox.  If some work correctly when starting them through LaunchBox, they should all work correctly.  Especially if they're all working directly through MAME.

For the Pole Position Atari licensed versions, make sure you have all the Device files located in with your ROMs.  You'll need these as well as the Atari version(s) on the game ROM.

image.png.2c4a21019f522687f51818803661c400.png

1 hour ago, rlithgow1 said:

Is there a way to default to only complete working games instead of the 1st in the list?

LaunchBox doesn't know if the games actually work on your setup or not. So it can't default anything for you in that regards.

With the clones imported as Additional Apps, you can edit the main game, go to the additional apps section and select which on you want to be the default game.

image.thumb.png.ea109d135b77f1eb31933c8838951b79.png

12 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

When I 1st read your original post, I thought you were saying you had all games working directly with MAME but none through LaunchBox.  Rereading it, it sounds like you have some MAME games able to launch correctly through LaunchBox.  I

Yeah it was while writing the post I went back and started looking closer at things and saw since certain files were missing from those versions that mame was erroring  out (I tested from mame itself)

12 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

LaunchBox doesn't know if the games actually work on your setup or not. So it can't default anything for you in that regards.

With the clones imported as Additional Apps, you can edit the main game, go to the additional apps section and select which on you want to be the default game.

I didn't realize this. I'm pretty new (like only a few days ago) to Launchbox so still getting around. Coming from Hyperspin... Thank you so much for the info. :)

• Like 1
  • Game On 1