LaunchBox Community Forums

Directinput Program to remap keyboard to keyboard issues

OldSkool8bit

First off I am a noob so I might not have explained in / provided enough details so please let me know and I can elaborate. I have spent a lot of time and starting to learn but still failing often enough to ask for help. For starters I really want a direct input program to remap KB keys to other KB keys as I dont believe LED Blinky will activate with xinput.

Here are my 2 biggest issues right now with reWASD (I have tried many other programs as well but most seem to xinput on top of me not getting them to work)

Getting a second controller to be recognized with games. In reWASD I have both of my ultimate I/O boards identified (Left board is P1 & P3, Right board is P2 & P4). I went to the second input (right board) in reWASD and mapped the controller to the second player controls, selected the games .exe file, and told the program to auto run when the exe was activated...which is does. However when I am in game P2 controls are not identified. I have been trying this in Dragonball Fighter Z. I was able to only remap P1 key bindings in the game which is why I have been trying to map P2 controls in reWASD. 

MK11. I am not sure if this game is just busted from a remapping program standpoint or what but I have not got any remapping program (xinput or direct input) to work. I believe I have the ahk script setup to run once the game is turned on as it appears active yet anytime I start the game none of the mappings work. If I actually start a match all my character does is constantly jump backwards, even if I am not pressing any buttons.