LaunchBox Community Forums

Making LaunchBox Portable

St_Eddie

Is there an option to make LaunchBox portable?  I have spent the last 12 months compiling a wonderful collection of games and I would care to share my efforts with my friends.  However, recently my old PC died.  Luckily I had my LaunchBox backed up on an external drive.  I purchased a new PC and found that I had to recalibrate controller settings in Retroarch, as well as a few other settings.

So, I am curious whether I'm missing some kind of setting which makes LaunchBox as portable as possible, because I would care to gift my friends with my collection of games. If worst comes to worse then I can TeamView with my friends and set them up remotely, but it sure would be nice to be able to simply copy the folders over to another external drive and be done.

• 2 months later...

Just install it somewhere, and copy the necessary files in the same folder and reference everything in that folder. I am doing that to have  multiple versions of Launchbox and it works so far when I use it on different computers.
Although there is a chance that different OS from the one you used for the installation may not work... Never tried, I run everything on the latest Windows 11 version.