LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot log in to emumovies from scraper

VegasMiggiani

Hey folks!

I just bought a lifetime membership to emumovies.  I had entered my credentials into the scraper setting for Launchbox and ran through 3 systems successfully.  Videos downloaded and were incorporated into the views properly.

After that 3rd system, I found that I was not getting the videos returned and, when I tried to "test" my connection to emumovies in the scraper, it stated that it could not make the connection.

I went over to emumovies, logged out and logged back on. Credentials are identical and fine. My account says I'm an active lifetime member.

I've tried multiple times to log in via the scraper and it keeps coming back that it cannot connect to emumovies.

At this point I'm wondering if the API connection between LB and EM went down at dome point yesterday? Can someone test their connection? Any ideas on what may be happening? It worked for me for a bit then just stopped.

I haven't heard of any issues with their API as of yet. I just ran a credentials test in the app and did get a successful return.

If you are still having issues with your account, you may want to reach out to their support and see if they notice anything on their end with your account.

1 hour ago, VegasMiggiani said:

Who should I reach out to? Launchbox or Emumovies?  The latter looks to be in good order.  But yes, I can try to reach out just to cover that base.

I would start with EmuMovies. Something to keep in mind is that I'm pretty sure their website login isn't exactly the same method as the api login used in LaunchBox.

I have not heard back from EmuMovies yet. However, I have downloaded their sync app and use the same login credentials there as I use to log in to their website and as I'm trying to use through LaunchBox.  The only place I can't get through is via Launchbox.  Is there anything local on my side with Launchbox that I can check?  Does a reinstall make sense?

41 minutes ago, VegasMiggiani said:

I have not heard back from EmuMovies yet. However, I have downloaded their sync app and use the same login credentials there as I use to log in to their website and as I'm trying to use through LaunchBox.  The only place I can't get through is via Launchbox.  Is there anything local on my side with Launchbox that I can check?  Does a reinstall make sense?

LaunchBox uses a different API and an entirely different server than their own tools, so it makes sense that you wouldn't see the same thing happening between them. Since I've confirmed that their API and their server does seem to be functional through LaunchBox, I'm not sure a reinstall makes sense, but you could always give it a go. It could be as simple as a mistake with your credentials in LaunchBox.

Ok, I understand. But that should be trandparent to the user.  What other credentials could it be asking for through Launchbox than what you are given from emumovies?  And why did it work for three systems and stop?  My account isn't suspended on their side.  Is there any other Launchbox support other than here?  I feel like this is Launchbox side.

2 hours ago, VegasMiggiani said:

Ok, I understand. But that should be trandparent to the user.  What other credentials could it be asking for through Launchbox than what you are given from emumovies?  And why did it work for three systems and stop?  My account isn't suspended on their side.  Is there any other Launchbox support other than here?  I feel like this is Launchbox side.

I think you misunderstand. EmuMovies set up a separate way for LaunchBox to connect to their services. It will use your same EmuMovies credentials, but it's not hitting the same server as if you were to use their own services, like their syncing app.

LaunchBox has no way of knowing why a particular user may be having connection issues with EmuMovies services, all we can really do is confirm whether LaunchBox's specific connection to their services is working or not through the app. I just checked again for you and I have confirmed that the connection to their very specific servers through LaunchBox is currently working. This would point to some sort of issue with your EmuMovies account when hitting the special servers that they set up for us, and unfortunately the only people that could help you with that would be the EmuMovies team.

No dice.  I've changed my pwd 2x and all works on their end.  Not through LB.  They say there is nothing on their end wrong.  And if you can hit it, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the API.  Can there be something wrong with my LB app?  I have v1.9.  Running on a Odin Pro.  I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling.  But would like to know if there is a possibility that this might fix it before I do that.  I have a lot of customization.  Maybe there's a corrupt config file or something I can check app-side?

On 10/3/2023 at 10:57 PM, VegasMiggiani said:

No dice.  I've changed my pwd 2x and all works on their end.  Not through LB.  They say there is nothing on their end wrong.  And if you can hit it, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the API.  Can there be something wrong with my LB app?  I have v1.9.  Running on a Odin Pro.  I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling.  But would like to know if there is a possibility that this might fix it before I do that.  I have a lot of customization.  Maybe there's a corrupt config file or something I can check app-side?

The only thing I could think of is for you to delete your EmuMovies credentials from LB, restart the app and then enter them in again.

The setting should reside in your LaunchBox\Data\Settings.xml file. You could also try and remove that file temporarily, relaunching LB and seeing if entering in your credentials again works.

If that doesn't work, deleting the app could be an option, it shouldn't delete any of your actual library, since deleting the app won't touch the LaunchBox folder and everything inside. So, it's fairly safe to delete the app and install it again, but if you want to be safe.