LaunchBox Community Forums

Need guidance for Wii emulation in two parts, both Wiimote related.

Bedwyr

Last I talked about this was... awhile ago according to Duckduckgo:

This weekend I updated Retroarch and Dolphin and I've got some questions.

1. Can the Retroarch Dolphin core support the Dolphinbar and Wiimote usage or is it so limited I'm better off with Retroarch (the main reason I'd want Retroarch is because the savestate UI is marginally better for controllers and general simplicity of use).
2. If I use vanilla Dolphin, does anyone have recommendations for how I can bind hotkeys to the Wiimote to both close Dolphin and to change savestates, save, and load them? I'm looking at this syntax for an exit-emulator hotkey and struggling to remember how this works:

@(`XInput/0/Gamepad:Thumb R` + `XInput/0/Gamepad:Back`)

Update:

I was able to get proper feedback when the dolphinbar is set to mode 3 and assign buttons as needed. I'm still searching for which autoconfig file is the correct one for this so I can permanently set the hotkeys I want.

Also got an answer from the dolphin devs that I can't run the Wiimote as actual hardware and use their hotkeys. The controller setting has to be "emulated" for that to work.