LaunchBox Community Forums

Please Help

Robdot1968

Please help as I am new at this.  I downloaded the 0.259 mame set from Pleasure and I have tried installing this via the video tutorial using the new add on mame in the import tab.  I get everything loaded with covers and so on but when I click on the actual game, nothing comes up.  I got other game platforms working just fine.  Please help.

9 hours ago, Robdot1968 said:

Are you using Mame standalone or Mame core in Retroarch? 

First try running a game directly in the emulator without using LB. 

If using Retroarch and the game does run then you likely have the box to "extract archive" checked inside your emulator setting within LB. In LB go to >Tools >Manage >Emulators and on the first tab uncheck that box. 

If using Mame standalone open Mame.exe and try running a game without using LB.

1. If the game does not work your issue is likely you did not tell Mame where your roms are if you did not put them inside Mame's \Roms folder. 

2. If the game does run you may have a setting off inside your LB emulator set-up. We would need to see some pics, but first lets see what you respond with on these items.