LaunchBox Community Forums

Sluggish loading after update

Rock Hardcheese

Hey there. Running Bigbox off 10.1 as asked by admins which I am very grateful for. I use 10.1 bigbox due to needing it to run Nesica2020 theme. It took me a solid 2 weeks to get everything running very well and set up with all the banners. For a while everything was working well. Then the launchbox update happened and all of a sudden, all my videos take forever to load, or don't load and bigbox freezes for a while. 

I have two computer running the set up with different specs. One is running a 6600xt, 32g ram. The other is a 3060 with 32g ram. The 6600xt updated and works very well, still. The 3060 is giving me the problems. Again, they both updated to 13.8 launchbox, but only one is giving me a hard time. It seems it's mainly videos. It can't load videos causing it to stick. The only difference in programs running in the background is the 3060, which is having problems, has a Streamdeck, but I don't think the elgato program would cause such hiccups. 

No clue what's going on as to why one would work better than the other in terms of running videos...both are set as VLC which is what's recommended. Both on SSDs. Any one else encountered this problem and has a fix? 

Both have updated windows as well.

Thank you.

I've not heard of people running into much issue while utilizing Stream Deck but if that's the only difference then I'd at least take the time to eliminate it. Unplug the Stream Deck and see if it still happens. I've heard of USB device polling causing system issues in the past. I know mouse polling (especially on razer mouses) can cause some pretty nasty issues as well.

Hey. I think it's subsided. It was probably multiple updates taking forever to settle down (windows update, LB update, and steam updates along with steam game updates). It's not doing it anymore. It was just happening mutliple times, so I guess I, just had updates multiple times eating my disk read/write and RAM. My apologies. Thank you for the reply!